nandos style chicken thighs
Why not try this cheaper home cooked version with free-range chicken for a real treat.
Chicken thighs are cheaper and according to many chefs tastier than chicken breast. They tend to be more succulent and juicy as they are still on the bone.
Try to buy free range chicken as much as you can.
- Chicken thighs - 2 per person
- Tin of tomatoes - 1
- Red onion - 1
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Worcestershire sauce - 1 tsp
- Red chilli -½
- Fresh basil - handful
- Hot pepper sauce/Tabasco - a couple of drops
- Smoked paprika - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - half a lemon
- Salt & Pepper
- Brown rice -¼ cup per person
- Cook rice according to packet
- Put roasting tin into oven with a little oil and pre-heat to 180C/Gas mark 4
- Fry chicken thighs skin side down for 5 minutes in another pan with a little oil
- Add tomatoes, basil, onion (peeled and quartered), chilli, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, smoked paprika, lemon juice and hot pepper sauce to blender
- Blend together and add salt and pepper to taste
- Add chicken to roasting tin and cover with sauce - cook for 30 minutes
- Make sure chicken is cooked through and serve with rice and perhaps some corn on the cob on the side
Download the PDF below for tips and variations