tom's power breakfast smoothie
You don't have to use spirulina but if you can get some it's packed full of nutrients. Have this for breakfast and you'll be surprised just how long you will be able to keep going as it gives you plenty of energy!
Smoothies are perfect for breakfast or as a snack during the day. There's virtually no other way to cram as much nutrients into one meal as you can with a good smoothie. And for some people who find it difficult to eat breakfast in the morning a smoothie is a great way to make sure you're still getting what you need from that all important meal. If you want your smoothie for breakfast one of the best things to do is to make it the night before and leave it in the fridge ready for when you need it in the morning.
- Banana - 1
- Muesli (low-sugar) - 1 cup
- Almond Milk - 150ml
- Coconut milk - 150ml
- Spirulina - 1 tbsp
- Ice cubes - 2/3
- Before you start you will need a blender or smoothie maker handy.
- Peel and chop the banana and add it to the bowl/jug
- Add the muesli, milk and coconut water and give it a quick blitz
- Add the spirulina (optional)
- Finally add the ice cubes to thicken and blend until smooth
- Serve and enjoy
Download the PDF below for tips and variations